- www.ishof.org: Fort Lauderdale Rough Water Swim (¼-mile, ½-mile, 1-mile and 5K swims) at D.C. Alexander Park, Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Formerly called the International Swimming Hall of Fame Ocean Mile Swim.
- www.dolphinclub.org: Yacht Harbor Swim (1.5-mile swim) in San Francisco Bay, San Francisco, California.
- www.hawaiiswim.com/2008OCCINVIT.pdf: Outrigger Canoe Club Invitational Swim (1-mile and 2-mile swims) at the Outrigger Canoe Club, Honolulu, Hawaii. Contact Dennis Blake at Outrigger Canoe Club.
- www.friendsvinp.org/swim: Annual Beach to Beach Power Swims (1-mile, 2.25-mile and 3.5-mile swims) in St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands.
- www.mbcc.org/swim: 1 Mile Against the Tide Swim for Breast Cancer at Hopkinton State Park in Hopkinton, Massachusetts. Contact 1-800-649-MBCC.
- www.surfcityusa.com: Huntington Beach Pier Swim (0.5-mile around-the-pier swim) in Huntington Beach, California.
- www.surfcityusa.com: Huntington Beach City Pier Swim (approximately 0.5-mile swim depending on the tides) at the Huntington Beach Pier in Huntington Beach, California. Contact (714) 536-5281.
- www.acacswim.org: Open Water Bridge-to-Bridge Bay Race (1.3-mile and 5-kilometer swims) in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- www.salemsound.org: Salem Sound Coastwatch Swim ‘n Fin Festival (500-meter and 1500-meter swim with fin events) in Forest River Park, Salem, Massachusetts. Contact Michael Medlock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- www.mbcc.org/swim: 1 Mile Against the Tide Swim for Breast Cancer at Nickerson State Park in Brewster, Massachusetts. Contact 1-800-649-MBCC.
- www.aquamoonadventures.com: Bermuda Round the Sound Open Water Swims (10-kilometer, 7.25-kilometer, 4-kilometer, 2-kilometer and 800-meter swims) in Hamilton Sound, Hamilton, Bermuda. Contact Randy Nutt at email@example.com.
- www.rcptiburonmile.com: RCP Tiburon Mile Open Water Swim (1-mile from Angel Island to Tiburon) in San Francisco Bay, San Francisco, California. Contact Lauren Pohler at (415) 721-9990.
- www.aquamoonadventures.com: Bonaire Eco-Swim (10-kilometer, 5-kilometer, 3-kilometer, 1-kilometer and 2-kilometer relay) in Kralendijk, Bonaire N.A. (Dutch Caribbean). Contact Randy Nutt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hawaiian Christmas Looong Distance Invitational (7-kilometer swim across Waikiki Beach and back) in Honolulu, Hawaii. Contact Jim Anderson at email@example.com.